Quality for Innovation in European Schools

Q4I means Quality for Innovation, and is the core concept around which a number of European institutions and networks have joined forces to create an easy to use approach to quality management for innovative schools. The developed model identifies the core dependencies that schools should address before and during innovative processes.

Q4I is an easy to use approach to quality management for innovative schools. The developed model identifies the core dependencies that school should address before and during innovative processes. The Q4I model is based on seven Areas of change and four Engines of Change. The Q4I Focus Areas are:

1. Strategy Development
  2. Leadership
  3. Human Resources Management
  4. Community involvement
  5. Innovation Process
  6. Key Performance Indicators
  7. Assessment, Monitoring and Improvement

The Q4i Engines of change are:

1. Key competences in educational process
  2. Digital skills to support educational processes
  3. Creativity and innovation attitudes and skills
  4. Inter-cultural consciousness and multilingual skills

Q4I is a combination of quality assurance and innovation. The innovation of the model stands in the fact that it tackles at the same time all the areas where change is needed and all the processes that must be affected by change. This differentiates Q4I from many existing approaches, which focus on a single dimension of schools without being able to have an impact at the level of the organisation.

New Q4I model

The Q4I model addresses all the areas where change is needed and all the processes that must be affected by change. This differentiates Q4I from the existing approaches, which focus on a single dimension of school without being able to have an impact at the level of the organisation. The model helps school leaders to plan and manage innovation processes effectively. It lists the main dependencies that should be addressed before implementing an innovation.

More information on Q4I can be found at ESHA